Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Monday 7 May 2012

Fight Headaches Naturally With These 3 Foods


I suffer from headaches nearly every day. I try to get rid of it by following the routine that most people are likely follow: I grab an over-the-counter pain medication, a glass of water, take the medication and hope it kicks in quickly. Recently I was told about a variety of foods that may help to soothe headaches. I decided to try these out to see which -- if any -- would be effective for me and my headaches.

Watermelon

A lot of headaches come on due to dehydration. Watermelon is a very water-rich food and it also contains other nutrients that benefit us, such as magnesium. I am not a watermelon person, so I decided to add it to some plain yogurt and drizzle a bit of honey onto it. It really does not matter how you eat it, as long as you eat it. I have only tried this remedy twice and so far no luck, but I am thinking that I may not have eaten enough of the watermelon, so I am going to keep adjusting how much I eat and hope for the best.

Coffee

Coffee is being actively researched and many health benefits have been discovered. Many over-the-counter migraine and headache medications contain caffeine. So, it makes sense that a caffeinated beverage could be helpful in alleviating headaches. Personally, I have been using coffee for a long time to relieve my headaches. When my headache is severe, it helps to at least lessen it, and when my headache is mild, it usually completely takes my headache away. Coffee is said to be helpful because it is a vasoconstrictor, meaning it can reduce blood vessel size, which in turn, helps to alleviate headaches. Now, caffeinated coffee should be had in moderation because if we drink too much, it could have the opposite effect and actually increase the intensity of a headache, or even cause a new one to start.


Spinach

Now, the spinach will have to be fresh as canned spinach does not appear to have the same effects. I like to use fresh spinach leaves in place of lettuce in my salads. Spinach has been shown to aid in alleviating headaches and reducing blood pressure. Just two cups of spinach leaves are said to do the trick. I have had mixed results with this method. It appears to have worked once, but does not seem to consistently help my headaches.









Ecommerce development India   SEO Company India

0 comments:

Post a Comment