Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Gym motivation secrets Tips, Gym motivation Benefits, Uses


It's tough to get into the habit of working out. It's easy to find 101 things that you should could be doing instead. You have friends to see, family to visit and work to do - trust me, I know about it all.

But the thing about working out, is that once it becomes a habit, it's just like any other habit. It becomes impossible to break. You find it harder (and much more maddening) to miss a workout than to actually get your butt into the gym.

The question is: how do you get to that point?

It certainly takes awhile, and there will be more days when you don't feel like breaking a sweat, than days that you do. But if you persevere, you'll find yourself addicted to being active. You'll find it astonishing that you ever went weeks months years without stepping inside a gym or lacing up your sneakers.

Here are my top five secret tips for making sure you always make it to your workout:

1. Don't go home first. I find that once I'm home, I really don't want to leave. So, I've made sure that I always bring my workout stuff to work and go straight to the gym. It's much easier to go when you've already put in the effort to pack everything and schlep it with you. Plus, if you take public transit or drive to work, hitting the gym for an hour will help you avoid rush hour traffic.

2. Play your favourite "pump-me-up song" 15 minutes before you're supposed to work out. Mia and I have made a habit of playing our song du jour regularly in the office. It can be anything from Lana Del Rey to Carly Rae Jepsen, but either way, it always gets me in the mood to sweat. I would imagine playing your favourite work out song on your iPod would have the same effect.

3. Tell yourself you'll only go for 10 minutes. This is a great trick that Gabrielle shared with me. If you're really feeling like you would rather do anything - and I mean anything - besides working out, tell yourself that you'll only go for 10 minutes. If after 10 minutes, you still feel the same, then you can go home. Nine times out of ten, you'll end up staying for your whole workout. Getting there is half the battle.

4. Plan a gym date with a friend. Knowing you're getting some time to catch up with a pal is a great motivator when it comes to hitting the gym. Plan to grab dinner or coffee afterwards to reward yourselves for a job well done.

5. Schedule your workouts like appointments. When I first started working out, I had to make it a priority. I made Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays my gym days, no matter what. It was tough to tell friends I couldn't make dinner, or coworkers I couldn't do events, but it really helped solidify my routine. I never had an excuse to miss a workout and scheduling it in made sure it was always my top priority.

By Snyxius Technologies Web Development India

0 comments:

Post a Comment